Accessibility is about more than compliance. It is about making sure everyone can access what you design and have an equal opportunity to learn from it. In the real world, this can seem like a daunting task, and you are up for the challenge!
Use the resources below to help you and use the contact form if you have a resource or story to share, if you’re interested in a custom webinar or workshop, or if you have a general inquiry.
REMEMBER, WE ARE ALL NORMAL!
Real Stories of Accessibility
- It’s Not Just About Compliance – Accessibility in eLearning (Jane Bozath)
- More Than Compliance – Accessible eLearning that Makes a Difference
- Do You Have a Role in Web Accessibility? (YES!)
Web and Accessibility Standards
- Designing for screen readers
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Universal Design
- Accessibility is Not Enough!
Research and Statistics
- Universal Design Principles
- Universal Design for Learning
- Visual Design books by Connie Malamed
- Contrast Design Rules
- YouTube Automatic Captioning
- Subtitle Horse
- University of Washington: Creating Accessible Videos
- W3C Multimedia Accessibility FAQ
- Penn State Multimedia Accessibility
- Section 508 and Storyline 2
- Storyline 2 Accessibility Options
- Customizing tab order
- Alt text in Storyline 2
- Storyline and WCAG
- 508 Checker (remember, this is not enough!)
- Coblis Color Blindness Simulator Website
- Sim Daltonism Color Blindess Simulator app
- Color Contrast Analyzer
- WebAIM Color Contrast Checker
- JAWS Screen Reader Free Download
- 10 Free Screen Readers For Blind Or Visually Impaired Users
DevLearn 2016 Accessibility Panel Resources
- Universal Design for Learning (Jean Marrapodi)
- Making eLearning Course Accessible for those with Disabilities (Diane Elkins and Artisan eLearning)
- Designing for Accessibility (Jane Bozarth)
- Designing Accessible Learning Experiences (Brian Dusablon)
- Changing Section 508 Laws and the Implications to Your E-Learning
- Action Board: Conforming to 508
Do you want help with accessibility?
Get in touch. We have workshops and webinars and coaching sessions to help!