Who we are:
Learning Ninjas are the online learning experts. We provide high-touch services to organizations that need to train their workforce or the communities they serve, but don’t have the capabilities to do so. We apply evidence-based instructional design principles and the latest technology and data standards to create online courses, plan learning ecosystems, and implement measurement and evaluation that ties directly to the business needs of our clients.
How we work:
We collaborate instead of order-take.
Our team uses a collaborative approach, teaching clients our innovative processes and evidence-based practices while working on their project. Our collaborative design and development model builds our clients’ capacity to modernize their training libraries and support distance learning.
We believe in equitable learning opportunities.
We prioritize inclusive design, equity, and accessibility in providing opportunities to learn. Our team leads the industry in improving accessibility in online learning, and we share our approach with others to support improved practice.
We give back in a big way.
Each year, we give back 10% to causes for human rights, education, inclusion, accessibility, and conservation. We are a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a skilled Instructional Developer with deep expertise using Adapt and Articulate 360.
Location: 100% Remote. Learning Ninjas is based in the United States.
Employment type: Contract (1099)
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
What you’ll do here:
- Transform instructional design documents into accessible and inclusive multiscreen elearning using the specified tool.
- Prototype your solutions to demonstrate your development approach and gain feedback.
- Collaborate with the project team as you develop the learning experiences to ensure solutions meet project goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how to create a user interface based on a content storyboard.
- Understand specified eLearning development tool inside and out.
- Prioritize accessibility and inclusiveness in elearning design. 508 compliance is our minimum standard.
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and consistently.
- Work quickly and independently, able to own the development process and create innovative eLearning experiences.
- Possess a strong understanding of how adults learn, how behavior change works, and the myths that derail creation of effective online learning.
- Stay up-to-date on UI/UX best practices and incorporate them into your work.
- Be experienced working remotely on a geographically distributed team.
Bonus points for:
- Visual or graphic design experience; comfortable using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Experience with multiple development tools.
- Taco-motivated individuals.
Contractor Expectations Overview:
“Use good judgment in all situations.”
- Respond to communication within two business days.
- Take the initiative to keep your project lead informed about your work.
- Don’t contact the Client directly except where we’ve given explicit, advance permission.
- Keep your commitments.
- Communicate early and often about challenges.
- Represent yourself as a Learning Ninja – not as your own business – when interacting with Clients.