JOB POSTING UPDATE
Who we are:
Learning Ninjas are the online learning experts. We provide high-touch services to organizations that need to train their workforce or the communities they serve, but don’t have the capabilities to do so. We apply evidence-based instructional design principles and the latest technology and data standards to create online courses, plan learning ecosystems, and implement measurement and evaluation that ties directly to the business needs of our clients.
How we work:
We collaborate instead of order-take.
Our team uses a collaborative approach, teaching clients our innovative processes and evidence-based practices while working on their project. Our collaborative design and development model builds our clients’ capacity to modernize their training libraries and support distance learning.
We believe in equitable learning opportunities.
We prioritize inclusive design, equity, and accessibility in providing opportunities to learn. Our team leads the industry in improving accessibility in online learning, and we share our approach with others to support improved practice.
We give back in a big way.
Each year, we give back 10% to causes for human rights, education, inclusion, accessibility, and conservation. We are a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking to add a Senior Learning Experience Design Consultant to our small but mighty team.
Location: 100% Remote. Learning Ninjas is based in the United States.
Employment type: Full-time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Travel: Minimal, generally 1-2 times/year (post-COVID)
What you’ll do here:
- Work directly with Clients to understand their business and design meaningful, measurable learning experiences to meet their needs.
- Write detailed design documents that paint a clear picture of the learning experiences you envision.
- Create development-ready storyboards for multiscreen eLearning.
- Transform in-person training and events into virtual instructor-led and blended experiences.
- Provide direction to development resources, QA/QC, and other specialists to bring your storyboards to life.
- Collaborate with our extended team of partners to ensure projects are completed on-time and with high quality – and give appropriate, consistent feedback when work doesn’t meet our standards and expectations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a strong understanding of how adults learn, how behavior change works, and the myths that derail creation of effective online learning.
- Stay up-to-date on UI/UX best practices and incorporate them into your work.
- Be a master at designing eLearning for multiple screens.
- Prioritize accessibility and inclusiveness in eLearning design.
- Wield a strong eye for visual design. You’re the kind of person that fiddles with layouts and debates the merits of various color palettes.
- Communicate clearly, honestly, and consistently, at ease with providing direction and feedback to clients and course developers alike.
- Work quickly and independently, able to own the instructional design and create innovative eLearning experiences.
- Be enthusiastic about working with global clients (you may occasionally schedule a 6 AM or 8 PM conference call, but you get to take that 10 AM yoga class or end your day early).
- Experience working remotely, including use of tools for business communication, web conferencing, project management, file sharing, and collaboration.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience designing online learning solutions.
Bonus points for:
- Experience bending multiple development tools & to your will (variety wins over popularity of the tool – we know that if you know a few, you can probably use them all).
- Multimedia production and editing experience; adept at using Adobe Premier, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.;
- Wide range of experience working with learning platforms (LXP, LMS, LCMS – whatever the acronym, you can be sure to encounter them here).
- Basic understanding of xAPI and CMI5 and knowing why it’s important to this type of work.
Benefits we offer:
- 100% remote work with flexible schedules.
- Performance bonuses.
- Access to full medical, dental, and vision – and we pay 100% of it. Access our benefits overview.
- Access to Slavic401K with company matching.
- Additional benefits include HSA, FSA, Teladoc, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Time and opportunities for collaborative volunteer work.
- Annual company retreat (once it is safe to travel and gather, of course).
- Rewarding, interesting work with a fantastic team of experts in the field of learning and development.