I am honored to present at the Accessible & Inclusive Design Conference 2021.
Here are some resources I referenced in the presentation:
- Steven Lambert’s 12 Lenses of Accessibility
- Susi Miller’s book: Designing Accessible Learning Content
- A story about curb cuts and how they help everyone
- Writing good alt text
- Learning Ninjas Accessibility Primer
- Learning Ninjas Accessibility Text Course
- Learning Ninjas Accessibility Resources
- Join #lrnchat on Twitter (Thursday nights)
Ten things you can do right now to improve accessibility and inclusion:
- Build this into your design practice.
- Define your standards.
- Be inclusive.
- Get help.
- Prototype and test early.
- Improve your content.
- Look outside our industry.
- Push the vendors.
- Be an advocate.
- Open communication channels.