What we’re doing this week:
After a busy couple of weeks, it is nice to settle down and write this update. We had a great time at xAPI Camp at the Learning Solutions Conference in Orlando. Sean presented on four of the current Development Tools (Captivate, Storyline, Lectora, and Claro) and their xAPI capabilities. The presentation was well received and led to some good conversations about the tools. You can read the xAPI overview of each tool at xAPI Quarterly in the Fall and Winter editions.
We completed and delivered our report reviewing 22 courses and LMS late last week. We are answering final questions for them this week, and then we’ll be writing about the project to show our work. We’re also moving into discussions about system architecture and designing and developing a “best practice” course for them to use internally. If you’d like us to review a course or courses, start here.
Brian’s trip to Africa to help implement a learning platform for disease surveillance training was postponed. Instead, he’ll be focusing on writing an article as a guest blogger for the RISC blog and working on conference proposals for DevLearn.
What we found interesting this week:
- UXPin tells how to create a 1 Page UX Design Strategy to guide your design.
- 5 Principles for Your Learning Design Toolkit.
- Bryan at eLearning Art talks to Connie Malamed about Visual Design Tips.
- Trina Rimmer started a discussion about projects that transformed you as a designer.
- Duncan Welder writes about writing xAPI statements for live learning events.